We weren't able to get this blog up and running in time for our trip to China to pick up Sammie; however, now that life is settling into a routine with a 16-year old and a one-year old, my new year's resolution is to start a blog for our family and friends to follow along as DJ and Sammie grow up...and oh how they are growing up so quickly!

Friday, January 20, 2006

Trip Summary - Introduction




Neil and I have been home for just over two months now. Sammie has settled in beautifully with us and did so from the moment she was put into our arms (go figure! hence, the 100 or so hours of reading I did to prepare for problems was all for naught!). Since she was so easy as soon as we met her, we just wanted to go home and start our new life with her. Alas, that was not to be as the process dictated that we spend about two weeks in China with her before coming home. And what a two-weeks it was! Following in the next few entries is the storey of our adventure to China to meet our new daughter, the youngest member of this family.

The first two pictures are taken when we received Sammie's referral package. A very happy time indeed. The other picture of me is with Sammie's new teddy bear. I made her a special vest that has a harness on it so that she could sit on my lap on the airplane (harness attached around my waist) so she wouldn't fall off if I needed to use my hands for something other than holding her. It worked like a charm!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home