We weren't able to get this blog up and running in time for our trip to China to pick up Sammie; however, now that life is settling into a routine with a 16-year old and a one-year old, my new year's resolution is to start a blog for our family and friends to follow along as DJ and Sammie grow up...and oh how they are growing up so quickly!

Monday, January 23, 2006

Sammie's Tub Time




The first picture is of bathing Sammie in the hotel bathroom sink in Beijing. This hotel did not supply baby tubs so we had to use the sink. Neil loves this picture so I thought I would include it.

Another of my all-time favourite pictures of Sammie is the one at the bottom taken when we first got home. Until I got her a proper baby tub, I bathed her in the kitchen sink. She quite enjoyed those few tubs under the soft lights, surrounded by plants and other neat kitchen-y things!

Sammie's absolute favourite part of the day is her tub time with her dad. Neil's routine is to tub her every night after dinner. Sammie's loves it so much that once she decides she's had enough dinner, she looks up the staircase, points and either says 'up' or grunts (a cute grunt mind you) to show that she's ready for fun in the tub. Recently, Fattie has decided to join in the fun and now always hangs out in the bathroom during this time. He knows that Neil is cornered (as in can't leave since Sammie's in the tub and needs him) so Fatty can garner extra petting time!

Everyone has their routines for sure. The other night, Neil was working late so I gave Sammie her tub. I didn't realize that Neil puts down the toilet seat and sits there for tub time; I had sat myself on a little antique footstool that we have beside the tub. Anyway, after a minute or two, Sammie noticed where I was sitting and starting smacking the tub in the direction where I was sitting then pointed to the toilet. I thought she was playing with me so I gooed back at her. After repeating this scenario a few times, I realized that she was trying to tell me something. I finally wondered if I was supposed to sit on the toilet seat -- so I moved -- and she stopped her antics and went back to playing. Not sure who's worse -- Sammie or the cats!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home