We weren't able to get this blog up and running in time for our trip to China to pick up Sammie; however, now that life is settling into a routine with a 16-year old and a one-year old, my new year's resolution is to start a blog for our family and friends to follow along as DJ and Sammie grow up...and oh how they are growing up so quickly!

Friday, January 20, 2006

Trip Summary - Getting over the jetlag!



On Thursday and Friday, it poured rain (rained cats and dogs for sure!), and Neil and I decided to venture out anyway. From Thursday to Saturday, we walked about five hours a day to work through the jet lag – that was a real shock for me as I’d never experienced jet lag so intensive. Neil had many times with his trips to Australia, but I was in for a surprise. However, we had fun exploring and absorbing the flavour, sights, and smells of the city where our daughter comes from. Well, to be honest, we really didn’t enjoy the ‘smells’! Major sewage smells everywhere. I finally got up the nerve to hold a kleenex over my face whenever I encountered this and forgot worrying about hurting their feelings!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home