We weren't able to get this blog up and running in time for our trip to China to pick up Sammie; however, now that life is settling into a routine with a 16-year old and a one-year old, my new year's resolution is to start a blog for our family and friends to follow along as DJ and Sammie grow up...and oh how they are growing up so quickly!

Friday, January 20, 2006

Trip Summary - Sammie is Ours!



.... a nanny placed Sammie in my arms and not a peep out of her. I held Sammie for a few minutes -- me? I was bawling my eyes out! -- but Sammie was as calm as could be. She looked at me like she was thinking “Ok, cool, nice Mom, now where’s the Dad?” I handed Sammie to Neil, praying she wouldn’t make strange – and break his heart! – and she was just fine. We bundled her into our baby carrier which was ready and waiting on my chest (never too early to start the bonding process) and nary a peep out of her. What a gal. You’ve just got to meet her, and you’ll believe it!!!!! By 11:00 a.m., we were outta there, making room for the next set of babies being adopted. What a day!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home